Eager to learn how to break boards..? Follow this video, and I will show you how.
- First: have no fear.
- Second: Speed = Energy, and if you don’t trust my words, you can trust a friend of mine, who demonstrated that Energy = Speed (the formula in the video refers to moving objects, while the traditional, worldwide-spread Einstein’s short formula applies only to objects that are not in motion). So, the faster you are striking, the more energy will be impacted on the boards.
- Third: if it’s pain what you are worrying about, consider a scenario where you have to remove a patch from you arm: the faster you are doing it, the less pain you are going to feel.
- Fourth: your fist must land on the first two knuckles (see how to condition your knuckles), which creates the best and safest way to get through the boards without injuries.
- Fifth: make sure you are hitting them along their weakest breaking line, at least until you get used to this type of exercise. In this video I used 20mm thick pine boards, but with practice you can risk more, by choosing thicker boards or switching to hardwood panels.
- Sixth: it’s not your first that strikes the boards, but it’s your whole body that drives your arm, in primis, and then your fist through all the boards: this is an fundamental principle in Martial Arts.
- Seventh: for one second forget about the tiles standing in front of you, forget about the boards you have to go through: think about yourself as pure energy, and get through the target. Your mind does not need distraction in exercises like these.
- Eighth: be physically fit, as only trained muscles can support your arms (especially your wrists) in this non-impossible, but still risky exercise.
Remember: if your want to learn how to break boards, the rule number ZERO is to proceed little by little, unless you want to get seriously injured.