Different stances for differest Styles
While officially we can say each Martial Style has its own set of basic stances with their own name, in wider terms we can list six basic stances. Although your arms and hands posture may differ according to the style you are practicing, in the end it’s the efficiency given by that particular stance that counts.
Why basic stances in Martial Arts should be your first choice?
We understand that endless are the ways you can prepare your legs for your daily training, but undoubtedly there are benefits that only Basic Stances can give you:
- Basic stances train your mind, not only your muscles: win over your mind to keep your stance low for more than a minute!
- Basic stances improve your stretching and flexibility, so the lower you go, the better it is.
- Basic stances educate your brain to symmetry and balance: even your toes will be involved in keep that position unmovable.
- Basic stances help you coordinate breathing while helping you hold them lower and longer.
- Basic stances will make you realize how tense you are on shoulders and arms.
The following Six Basic Stances are inspired by the Shaolin legacy, which is considered the mother of all Martial Arts, and widely implemented in almost every martial art style in the world: they can be higher or lower, slightly different according to your stlyle, but the physic principle they are based on is just the same.
Training Basic Stances regularly, better if you train them in sequence like in the above video, will make your legs stronger, bigger, and extremely versatile. Don’t forget to stretch deeply and perform dynamic gestures in order for your muscles to maintain their level of speed and flexibility.
Our best Tip
Alternate basic stances training with cycling, hiking, running and jumping, and forget that leg press machine…